Prepare your tech gadgets and plan ahead. Storm season is rolling in.
Spring brings storm season to the Midwest home of Mission Repair. Just yesterday afternoon we saw a wild storm blow over our store in Lenexa. When it comes to weather in the Midwest, expect the unexpected! A hot and sunny day can quickly transform into a stormy mess.
You don’t want to be caught unprepared when it comes to your trusty electronic devices. Communication is crucial when Mother Nature strikes. Devices like cell phones, tablets and computers can make all of the difference in keeping you safe during severe weather. We have put together a quick list of tips to get your gadgets ready while you ride the storm out:
- Choose 2-3 weather, news, or safety-related apps to alert you of special warnings and updates. Many local news stations offer apps to live-stream weather reports.
- Charge your device batteries well in advance, in the event that you lose power.
- Forget candles. Utilize the free flashlight app on your phone or tablet if you are in a bind. Get comfortable with turning it on quickly; many devices offer audio commands like “Hey Siri, Turn on my flashlight”
- Program an emergency list of contacts into your phone for easy access. Include family, friends, coworkers, police & fire agencies, power and insurance companies.
- The insurance industry pays out hundreds of thousands of dollars in claims for losses due to lightning each year. The best approach is to unplug your devices before the storm arrives. However, surge protectors can offer some reassurance and protection for around $30-$100.
Caught in the rain and now you have water damage? Power surge from lightning left you with a device that won’t turn on? Startled by a loud boom of thunder and dropped your device, cracking the screen? Accidents happen and Mission Repairs! Stop by your local Mission Repair walk-in location for a quick and cost-effective solution. http://www.MissionRepair.com
Hello everyone and Happy Halloween!
Did you know that today marks the beginning of our BUSY season? I mean really busy. November is going to be unbelievable and December each year is typically always off the charts. So today we’re taking some time to have some fun. I wore a “mullet” wig into work today (I have a feeling that it’ll make the blog at some point today) and the mood is light and festive at the moment around the Mission Repair tech lab.
At any of our locations today you can stop by and grab a goodie bag of treats. Not only will this freebie take care of your sweet tooth, it will also give you 10% off of your next repair with us in the future.
So have a fun and safe Halloween – and if you’re in the neighborhood stop on by and grab a treat bag at Mission Repair. Trick or treat!
Take care, Ryan
Hello M:R Nation –
Christmas is just around the corner and what better way to tell your loved one “I Love You” by getting them a Mission:Repair Gift Certificate ? I guess you could call it an “I love you, will you get that iPhone screen repaired already” Gift Certificate!
We know how hard it is to pull people away from their computers, tablets and smartphones. It’s an even more difficult task to do it as a surprise! I know if my iPhone 5 were to randomly disappear, I would freak out, search high and low, end up conceding to the fact that it is missing and buying a new one. Image how awkward of a gift that would be once opened. Don’t get me wrong, we have heard plenty of success stories when it comes to gifting a repair, I just don’t think I could pull it off.
The prefect gift!
How do you order this wonderful gift you ask? Its easy, just click the following link to make all of your wishes come true 😉 Mission:Repair Gift Certificate. Now this works in multiple ways. Once ordered, you will be able to print the certificate at home, have us send you a copy or email it to a loved one! It is that easy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly at Troy@missionrepair.com and I would be happy to help you out!
Hello M:R Nation –
The title says it all. This is an actual quote from one of our customers and it describes something that is not un-common. Cracking the glass on your device and not knowing how it happened! How in the world can that be possible, you ask?
Thats a great question! You think you’d at least see it crack or that it might take some brute force to make the crack appear? Well, from many customer accounts and even a personal one or two, your glass can crack at the most unpredictable times, under the correct/unfortunate conditions.
Has this happened to you?
So what are these conditions?
- Sitting On Your Device – A lot of folks like to put their device in their back pocket. You can do this for years without incident, however, in the “correct/unfortunate condition”, you might sit on something harder than usual and crack your screen without you hearing, seeing or feeling a thing!
- Carpet Drop – Folks (me included) will drop their device from waist height on carpet. They think nothing of it, don’t look at their device and stow it away. When they come back to it, there is a gnarly crack in the glass! While carpet helps break a fall, keep in mind there is usually concrete under that carpet. If you drop your iPad on the carpet, look at the screen immediately so you won’t be surprised later!
- Unseen Hairline Cracks – I have often dropped my iPhone 5 from amazing distances onto asphalt only to find there is no crack or damage to be found…It’s AMAZING. But keep in mind, this unseen mood killer… THE HAIRLINE CRACK. You pick up your device, dance for joy, put it in your pocket for a later time. When you go to answer that next phone call, you retrieve your device and see a huge crack across your screen! This is a very common occurrence and it is simply due to that tiny crack that you can’t see, spreading every time the phone moves in your pocket.
- Hot To Cold Transfer – I have seen this with my own two eyeballs. On a very cold night, a family member came in from the snow and thought it a good idea to warm their hands and text at the same time. All of a sudden, “CRACK” right before our very eyes! It is the same concept of taking a brutally hot coffee pot and pouring cold water on it (opposite order of course). Glass expands and contracts with the temperature. Any extreme movement of glass has awful consequences!
Keep in mind, we are not scientists. We are only going off of our experiences and some common knowledge about the make up of glass.
So what is someone to do after receiving a surprise crack in their glass? Well, call Mission Repair of course! While we can’t turn back the hands of time and undo the damage on your Smartphone, we can sure make it seem that way! With Mission Repair, you can count on having your device repaired correctly and quickly! Click here: www.missionrepair.com to get started!
With that, I hope you have learned something new with this post. Damage can happen anytime, anywhere, anyway. While there are procautions you can take, like installing a case on your device, there is always the threat of your device becoming damaged. Your best option, is to have someone to count on when it happens! We would be honored if that someone for you was Mission:Repair!
Hello M:R Nation –
I just found out recently what ICE means in regards to a phone contact. For years I have seen: First Name/ICE/ Last Name, on my friends phone when he makes a call to his wife and I finally got curious enough to ask what it meant. What I always though had a negative connotation (ICE as in cold hearted or something), actually means “In Case of Emergency”.
Now, if I were to see this last week on someones phone that I was trying to help, I would of had no clue to call the ICE contact. But this week I am a changed man! So if you are ever in trouble and have ICE in your contacts, I will indeed be calling that person for you!
This whole sequence of events has me thinking, “Mission Repair should be the ICE for your Tablet, Smartphone and Computer repair needs”! When you are in trouble, you know exactly where to go and who to call. So when you drop your iPhone or crack the screen on your iPad, you should have the luxury of the exact same thing!
So here is what I propose: Keep our contact information in your smartphone, tablet or computer contact list, so if you ever do have issues, we are just one call or click away! We have made it very east for you to do so… Just click here: Mission:Repair and let technology do the rest! Now that you have added us to your life, go about your business and just know we are here if you ever need us!
Hello everyone, it’s really true.
We are still working here at Mission Repair providing the best possible iPhone and Tablet repair service on the planet.
I told my sales people that October was going to be big…but we didn’t realize what that really meant.
In fact, to hit some sales goals today, my live chat team is still online this evening (normally we are offline at 6:00pm!) and they are still booking orders and taking customer service calls as you require.
Chat us up now! As of 8:55pm today we are still available!
Why? (As my title asks…)
It’s because we want to be there for you. We want to stay online. We want you to know that we are not a fly-by-night business. It’s dedication that comes from me and all of our employees. Heck even Troy, my general manager is on live chat right now fielding questions and answers.
Give him a chat and test it out for yourself!
Hey anyway, it’s time for a break. I’ll be back in the morning, but I think that my sales department is going to push forward for a bit longer…
Take care, Ryan
Hello there everyone,
Want to learn more about Mission Repair or do you have any questions about our iPhone, Tablet or Smartphone services? Do you have a computer that needs repair? We aren’t particular, we work on Macs and PCs alike!
Send us an email:
We will be happy to help you out!
Have a great day, Ryan