It’s been raining here in Spring Hill where I reside for about a day now. I woke up this morning hoping to see some sunshine but only see grey skies and wet ground with a light drizzle of rain…so I’m coming up with my favorite top 5 things to do on a rainy day.
1. Play a board game. Grab a friend, pull out the Scrabble board, and take your time getting through all of the letters. You’ll be surprised how many words you actually know, and don’t forget that you can add one letter to a lot of words to make a new word.
2. Watch a movie. I’m kind of bad at this one because I’m the type of guy who watches movies all of the time, and I tend to watch them over and over again. My family gets tired of me quoting old movies but it’s nice once in a while because it makes me seem wittier that I really am. Oh yes, and you need to do this activity in your pajamas with a bowl of popcorn.
3. Try a new recipe. This one I particularly enjoy…since you won’t be able to replicate anything from Bobby Flay’s BBQ Addiction in the rain, try something that is stove-top-able. For an added challenge, pick ingredients that you already have in the house. Frozen burritos don’t count.
4. Take the dogs for a walk. This translates into “play in the rain with the puppies”. I’d be happy to sacrifice my dry clothes and take the dogs for a walk. Layla really likes to play in the water, but Shadow could do without. He’s getting better, but he’s kind of a wuss when it comes to getting his head wet. So this is a good time for all of us to step out of our comfort zones and get some exercise. Then we can sit down and watch the Raiders of the Lost Ark marathon we were planning on!
And my favorite…
5. Go to work! Ok, just because it’s raining outside that doesn’t mean that we’re allowed to take the day off. In fact we’ve been so busy the last two days it’s not feasible for us at Mission Repair to take a break at this point. So there you have it, you know what I’ll be doing here shortly. I’ll admit that I’m getting a late start today (I’m actually blogging from home) so it’s time for me to wipe away the fantasy of playing games and watching movies and get into the the Mission Repair headquarters.
See you there!
Take care, Ryan