Hello M:R Nation –
Forgive my long title, but that statement has never rang truer for one of our recent customers. After having an iPad repaired with us, this customer picked up said repaired iPad and went along their way. As they were approaching their vehicle, the iPad slipped out of their hand and once again, the iPad was cracked! This was a major shock to all of us. Never before had we seen a need for our Got Repair services in such a quick fashion. We felt super bad for this customer and waived the repair fees on the other damage that the drop had produced and the Got Repair fee covered the rest.
While we have never seen it happen so quickly, we hear of these stories all of the time. This is the very reason why we created this program a few years ago during a lunch break at one of our favorite Indian buffets. I will never forget the conversation that Ryan and I had. It all stemmed from dealing with a customer that had a device repaired with us just days prior and was back again for another screen repair on the same iPhone 3GS. We thought, there has got to be a better way of doing this. It just didn’t feel right… so we changed it and Got Repair was born!
For those of you new to Mission Repair and our Repair Blog, let me explain what “Got Repair” is:
- Think of it as ”The Real Lifetime Warranty”. Check the competition. When they offer lifetime warranties, this doesn’t include breakage again on the part you had repaired. What good is a lifetime warranty on a piece of glass that only fails when it breaks? Our “Got Repair” program covers re-repairing damaged glass and screens.
- Think of it as a “Thank You” for coming back to Mission Repair. If you have your device repaired with us, you already know that it can be broken. And if you should somehow accidentally or intentionally damage it again, we want you to come back to Mission Repair. We would make more money by charging you full price but you may decide not to repair your device more than once. Our “Got Repair” program benefits encourage repeat business with a special thank you to every Mission Repair customer.
- Think of it as the “New Standard” in which services should be performed. Mission Repair pioneers many programs and we set the standard for the market.
- Think of it as the opposite of “Insurance”. Insurance is just that. You buy insurance “in case” something happens to your unit. If nothing happens, you still pay. Additionally, most insurance plans require a deductible and stringent rules to filing a claim. Our “Got Repair” benefits cost you nothing up front. Rather, we charge a small service fee for any repeat repair. You can have the unit re-repaired once or 1000 times, this service fee will remain the same.
- Compare it to AppleCare + from Apple. Read our blog about the savings here!
You can think of it as many things, but when you boil it down, its simply in place so you NEVER have to pay full price for the same repair on that Smartphone, Tablet, or Laptop again! There is no catch.
You automatically qualify for this warranty by using Mission:Repair the first time around and if you decide that you don’t want to pay the lower service fee, we will gladly let you pay full price again Of course I’m joking.
So, if you are trying to choose a service center, please take this benefit into account.